JOIN THE WHOLESALE TIRE DISTRIBUTOR FAMILY
Here at Wholesale Tire Distributors are eager to have hardworking, energetic, and responsible people join our team. Tire and Wheel distribution business has been growing for more than 20 years and is still expanding. We would be glad to have you in our family.
Experienced Bobtail Truck Driver
Wholesale Tire Distributors is looking for a strong and proven Full Time Experienced Bobtail Truck Driver to join our team! This role is responsible for safely and efficiently driving Bobtail Trucks. All safety regulations and standards regarding size, weight, and break periods must be followed. The Driver will also be responsible for receiving cargo, parking in appropriate docks, and documenting schedules; inventory delivery confirmation and manifests. When not delivery inventory to our retail locations, the driver will perform assigned duties inside our company warehouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Practice safe driving habits
- Follow all state and national safety large truck regulations and standards
- Maintain vehicle equipment
- Ensure cargo is secured
- Accurately follow maps and directions for time efficient routes
- Plan routes to meet delivery schedules
- Keep track of mileage, fuel, and toll expenses
- Confirm inventory matches shipping documents
- Refuel vehicle and check/replace oil as needed
- Inspect truck daily for damage or maintenance problems (tire wear, dents, etc.)
- Report any accidents or vehicle issues encountered while driving to supervisors
- Clean windows, windshields, and mirrors as needed
- Keep interior of vehicle clean of debris and clutter
- Maneuver truck and cargo into a variety of parking spaces and loading docks
- Supervise loading and unloading of cargo off truck
Requirements and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent certification
- Prior knowledge of tire related equipment and tools a plus but not required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have a clean driving record with no recent moving violations
- Proficient at driving, maneuvering, and parking large vehicles
- Physically fit and able to sit for long time periods, perform truck maintenance, lift up to 100 pounds comfortably
- Candidate should be dependable, hardworking and an effective communicator
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills required
- Able to work night, weekends, extended hours, and holidays as needed
Warehouse Support Associate
Department: Katana Racing DBA Wholesale Tire Distributors
Supervised by: Warehouse Manager and Assistant Manager
Supervises: There are NO Supervisory duties with this position
The Warehouse Worker will be extensively trained and managed throughout the progression of his responsibilities. The Warehouse Worker may be assigned to Load, Unload or put away Tires and Wheels delivered from various Manufacturers. This is a Labor intensive position requiring Lifting, Carrying short distances and placement of tires into designated racking areas. The Warehouse Worker may also be required to bring tires and wheels from a designated area to a Loading dock. As the Warehouse Worker progresses in his knowledge and capabilities , he may be instructed in a Classroom environment then tested on equipment he is certified to drive including a Picker and/or Forklift. The Warehouse Worker will also be taught through Management Instruction HOW to read an Inventory Gun to determine location of product and PULLING TIRES FOR DELIVERY.
HOURS: Maximum of 55 hours per week or as assigned by Warehouse Manager with Vice President Approval.
- 2-3yrs Warehouse experience preferred but NOT required
- Forklift, Picker Driving experience preferred
- Must be US Citizen or have documentation for Employment in the USA
- Understand English language
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform all heavy and light physical labor (10 to 60lbs lifting)
- Ability to work together as a Team
- Ability to learn technology (Inventory Gun) to pull products within the warehouse
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate within warehouse operations
- Report at assigned time and use fingerprint technology to Clock in, then report to assigned Supervisor
- Unload, Load, Put Away Tires and Wheels
- Maintain a Clean Work Area, no eating and drinking in Warehouse
- Observe all Lunch Time and Breaks as per Company Policy
- More advanced Warehouse Workers who have received training will have specific assigned task including Puller
- Attend Company Meetings and Safety Meeting as required
- Duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager, Assistant Manager or Vice President
Customer Contact Center Inside Sales Associate
We seek enthusiastic individuals with automotive knowledge and strong work ethic who put the customer first. The Contact Center Inside Sales is responsible for generating sales appointments with customers that contact us via the phone, email, chat or social media to inquire or purchase new tires or automotive services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer and handle inbound/outbound phone calls, emails, social media and online chat
- Acts as a trusted expert while recommending products to customers, based on customers' needs and product availability
- Creates customer interest by sharing the features, benefits and current promotions of tire products.
- Generate appointments and quotes by means of inbound calls by scheduling prospective customers to come in to our Retail stores
- Maintain thorough contact records in the CRM and POS system
- Complete outbound calls as appropriate: missed calls, follow-up, call backs with customers, retail stores and vendors
- Scripts proficient, outgoing, and persistence a must
- Communicate in a professional, friendly and helpful tone
- Assist with administrative responsibilities as needed, and provide support as required and instructed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum one-year experience in sales and call center environment
- Automotive knowledge is preferred
- Excellent communication (verbal, telephone and written) and organization skills are essential.
- Ability to multi-task different systems and software while maintaining a level of professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and a team player with a positive attitude
- Must have a sense of urgency and be able to work high call volume and under pressure
- Must have the flexibility to work a varied schedule including evenings and weekends
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent
Outside Account Sales Rep
Location: Greater Los Angeles and Orange County Area
Department: Fleet Sales
Reports To: Fleet Sales Manager
Wholesale Tire Distributors is looking for a fulltime Outside Account Sales Rep to join the Fleet Sales Team! This position reports to the Fleet Sales Manager. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, personable and capable of building and developing on-going business relationships. The primary role of the Outside Account Sales Rep is to sell the benefits of our retail locations and automotive services to our clients. You will find and generate leads by visiting potential clients and making sales calls, discuss pricing points, and book client face-to-face meetings. This role also requires a strong level of professionalism as you will be interacting with new and existing clients in-person, via email and on the phone. Lastly, you should have keen attention to detail and superior time management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify and expand new fleet accounts through networking and sales calls.
- Following up on all incoming leads in a professional and timely manner.
- Selling National and Regional Account agreements in an efficient and effective manner.
- Work within a strict set of guidelines to take business between the Fleet Manager and the fleet management companies, to make the process as smooth as possible for our customers.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Assist the retail locations with account maintenance at the local level.
- Leverage relationships through customer relationship management (CRM) program
- Liaison between Fleet management companies, Leasing companies, corporate office and retail locations.
- Review national, regional and local account leads to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Deliver sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
- Meet with key clients and maintain relationships while negotiating and closing deals.
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing areas of proposed client base expansion, current lead generation, potential sales, and existing account sales.
- This position requires travel at least 90% of the time with personal vehicle.
- Conducting Fleet Surveys
- Managing National and Regional Account invoice processes
- Reliable Transportation
- CA Driver’s License
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university is preferred;
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 1-2 years of related experience is required
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of a Customer relationship management (CRM) Database and Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Warehouse Lead (Vernon, CA)
This position will work closely with Warehouse Management in leading the day to day operations for a specific Distribution Center function while maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and quality for our customers.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday - Friday including Sat, (Work Schedule may vary).
- Provides work direction to warehouse workers daily to increase warehouse efficiency and accuracy.
- Communicates to fellow Warehouse Leads to ensure a smooth flow of product.
- Acts as a liaison between management and team members. Speaks respectively of company and team members.
- Enforces company policies and procedures. Provides feedback to Supervisor when inconsistencies are observed.
- Meets deadlines and goals as established by department supervisor or manager.
- Applies problem solving skills and proactively identifies issues. Assists in troubleshooting and recommends resolution.
- Trains warehouse workers. Provides feedback to supervisor on strengths and development needs of team members.
- Assists with projects, tracks data and produces ad hoc reports.
- Assists in tracking warehouse staffing needs and schedules and related documentation.
- Monitors employee break schedules and hold them accountable.
- Maintains and enforces company Safety and Security policies.
Receiving & Shipping Focused Responsibilities:
- Prepare packages for shipping according to defined methods, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Train, provide work direction and coordinate the schedules for all outbound shipments: LTL, Ground, Express, daily pickups.
- Process all paperwork associated with the shipments: BOL, Tracking confirmation.
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment and vehicles; Stand up trucks/sit-down forklifts.
- 2 years warehouse experience in a fast pace environment. Proven leadership qualities and demonstrated good judgment is a plus. Leads by example.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and build relationships.
- Exemplary attendance record. Strong work ethic.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle change in a positive manner.
- Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 60 pounds.
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours.